Thursday 22 April 2010

melodic keepers of the past…

Lately I got hooked up to Mandarin Songs again and in truth I find them more personal than most English songs that I knew. More personal in the sense that Chinese artists sings a lot about love: platonic and erotic love. I wonder how I let those younger days past without listening to them.

So I ended up scouring YouTube and several sites to download these songs for hours. Some songs remind me of my secondary school days, of how I was so ignorant about love, about how my own introvert self has cost me so much.

Some songs reminds me of friendship, of how I used to have friends to play and fool around all day. Of how I used to feel belonged to a group of silly people. I must say I miss those times, when these friends decorated most of my life. I was naive, I did not appreciate them.

Some songs reminds me of certain individuals that commanded a special place in my heart, and also those few that still. I can’t help but sigh, that if I have known them earlier, or had I been more outgoing, or had I approached them earlier, my life would be considerably changed.

I don’t know if I would ever get the chance to redeem what I have missed all these years. I know in life we would not be able to return to amend our choices, what I have left, is nothing more than the memories that are engraved in these songs. Little it may be, but I guess I’ll be listening to these for quite some time, for it is through this that I may hope to relive those times in those melodies…

n736204410_799379_9598

1_517008958l

No comments :