Monday 22 December 2008

My Father, Friend and King...

I came across this little poem that i suspect to be a song lyric, and guess what, I was right. It's the song "Ocean Soul" by Nightwish from their album Century Child.

One more night

To bear this nightmare

What more do I have to say

Crying for me was never worth a tear

My lonely soul is only filled with fear

Long hours of loneliness

Between me and the sea

Losing emotion

Finding devotion

Should I dress in white and search the sea

As I always wished to be - one with the waves

Ocean Soul

Walking the tideline

I hear your nameIs angels whispering

Something so beautiful it hurts

Long hours of loneliness

Between me and the seaI only wished to become something beautiful

Through my music, through my silent devotion

I was kinda disappointed, after checking through their background. They held on to certain ideas in their songs that I can't readily accept. Plus their genre is "metal", not quite my taste. I was interested that song because of their poetical elements in the song "Ocean Soul". Too bad it greatly reflects the human disappointment of ever exisiting loneliness. It is such a sad song, yet true. But this is because the world has yet to experience God's love, the Love that Jesus bears to us.

The feel just came and i wrote a poem to counter the song "Ocean Soul". :P

Day by day…
By my side you would always stay…
What could I ask for,
What else could I pray?

Now I know in every tear I shed…
In every expectation unmet…
In my tears your shoulder is the one that’s drenched wet…
It doesn’t matter for what reason I was sad…
Or what I did was something bad…
Your love shines through it;
It’s your strength that I tap…

Walking alongside down the beach…
You are ever within reach…
Sometimes we may be whispering…
But I know,
Your grace is for me to sing…
If my life is a drawing,
Your love would be its paint and ink…
Through my music and praises my lips sing…
My life for you,
My Friend, Father and King…


It really makes all the difference. Experiencing God's love doesn't free us from pain and death. Rather we can embrace them with the confident that God is in control, even over them. Jesus' death on the cross has also made those who believe die along with it; Jesus' resurection from death has also made those who believe arise again, died to our sin, born into the glory of Christ.

Anyway...It's the Season of Love!!

No comments :