Sunday 9 March 2014

Come By Faith

I have no words to calm your heart,

or the presence to give you assurance.

Take a little leap of faith,

come, pray with me.

 

I have neither the expertise to ease your pain,

nor the control over the sore and ache.

But do take this leap of faith,

come, weep with me.

 

I lay no claim that I can comprehend,

what you are going through.

Do take  the leap of faith,

Come, wail with me.

 

There are no magic words to sooth the agony,

or the power to make these go away.

Let’s take this little leap of faith,

Come, jump with me.

 

I have no faith in the age-old lie,

that “All would be, and will be well”.

But believe me, for “What will be, will be”,

So come, soar with me.

 

Let none the bells of St. Peter’s gate,

high up ringing and lamenting in grief.

But should it must, then so be it,

for I’ll always be here for you,

 

SO HAVE A LITTLE FAITH IN ME,

COME, COME LEAP WITH ME!!!

 

F/N: This is dedicated to a dear friend who is struggling to overcome a massive challenge in life. There are no words to express the mortifying agony that stems from  my inability to do anything to provide any form of assistance. There is nothing that I can offer other than these words; a sincere prayer, the anguish expressed from the heart. May these words of prayer be a source of comfort to this dear friend in time of trial and need. And amidst of  the troubled waters, gives hope and form to  the words embedded beneath all the pain and sorrow. May this poem also be the prayer for all that may also be struggling with life.

No comments :