Monday 7 February 2011

Do you know?

“Do you know?”

“Know what?”

Would you feel that intense longing that I feel for you? If I think about you hard enough, would you know? If I dream about you in the night, would you, half a globe apart, think of me too?

If I close my eyes, while walking in town, or eating, sitting, standing, listening to the melodramatic Chinese pops, would you stand before me? If I were to sing a song now, bid the winds to deliver them to you, would you be able to listen to the whispers of my heart?

“Know if you know.”

What if I look at your picture, would you feel it if I stare hard enough into your motionless eyes? Or when my fingers caress your face, could you feel its warmth? If I think of you hard enough, would you heed my call?

Or is it because at the moment you think of me, that I would think of you? Could it be that when you say your prayers, and pray for me, that I come to think of you? Or is it that when you walk, stand, eat, sit or listening to songs that remind you of me, that I could feel it?

“I don’t know if you won’t tell me properly.”

“You’ll know if you know.”

No comments :